GMDSI is an important conduit for discussion of important modelling issues – we aim to initiate and facilitate discussions on decision-support modelling within the groundwater industry.
In particular, we engage via:
- this website, which serves as a source of ideas, inspiration and discussion, as well as a platform to share issue papers, reports on GMDSI activities, educational resources, news and more
- webinars and workshops on topics vital to model-based decision-support – you can read about our recent events below.
Over time, we’ll be developing and sharing resources, including:
- information on upcoming GMDSI and industry events
- GMDSI reports and monographs
- downloadable software and educational resources.
We also aim to host and facilitate discussions that complement our webinars, and you can read our most recent newsletter here.
Monday 27 November 2023 Auckland 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM NZDT There are many management contexts where numerical simulation can productively support environmental decision-making. This
Date: 22 August 2023 GMDSI and the USGS have co-funded the development of a series of jupyter notebooks that use python scripting to demonstrate many
Decision-support groundwater modelling is as much an art as it is a science. Much of the “art” is in decomposing the management problem that modelling