GMDSI is an important conduit for discussion of important modelling issues – we aim to initiate and facilitate discussions on decision-support modelling within the groundwater industry.
In particular, we engage via:
- this website, which serves as a source of ideas, inspiration and discussion, as well as a platform to share issue papers, reports on GMDSI activities, educational resources, news and more
- webinars and workshops on topics vital to model-based decision-support – you can read about our recent events below.
Over time, we’ll be developing and sharing resources, including:
- information on upcoming GMDSI and industry events
- GMDSI reports and monographs
- downloadable software and educational resources.
We also aim to host and facilitate discussions that complement our webinars, and you can read our most recent newsletter here.
Interactive Video: A Conceptual Representation of the Phases of Groundwater Model Development and Application for Users at all Levels
Groundwater modelling needs a context to make sense. This context is set by a decision that must be made, by those who must make that
What should decision-support groundwater modelling seek to accomplish? Should it try to build a digital replica of what happens underground? Obviously not, because this is
https://vimeo.com/566929903 by Catherine More and John Doherty Because environmental systems are complex, models must be complex too. Otherwise, how can they simulate the impact of