We invite you to join us for an upcoming GMDSI Webinar to be held 11am-1pm (AEST) on Thursday August 18 on Zoom.
Between November 2021 and March 2022, GMDSI hosted a series of web meetings with Commonwealth, state, and territory regulators; a meeting was also held with the IESC. The meetings were chaired by Peter Baker of Office of Water Science; Christina Fawns (also of Office of Water Science) helped with secretarial tasks. Representing GMDSI were Catherine Moore, Craig Simmons, and John Doherty.
GMDSI has prepared a report on these meetings. You can download and read it here: GMDSI – Regulatory Meetings Report
The report attempts to document discussions that have taken place up until now. It also attempts to catalyse an ongoing conversation. We see this webinar and panel discussion as part of the ongoing conversation. We welcome views and opinions on the report, and on groundwater model usage in regulatory oversight in general. We have been pleased by the hundreds of expressions of interest that we have received to attend it. Thank you.
So please join us and make a contribution. We are keen to hear perspectives from Commonwealth and state regulators, industry and research bodies, and the private sector.
This webinar and discussion will comprise a 2-hour virtual session (on Zoom), from 11am until 1pm (AEST) on Thursday August 18. It will be begin with six very brief (no longer than three minute) presentations. We will then open it up to public discussion and Q&A facilitated by Peter Baker (OWS).
Guest Speakers & Panellists:
- Peter Baker – Chair and MC; Office of Water Science, Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water
- Brian Barnett – Jacobs, Senior Principal Groundwater Modeller & Geothermal Reservoir Engineer & Lead Author of the Australian Groundwater Modelling Guidelines
- Rod Dann – Director Queensland North Assessments, Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water
- Blair Douglas – Global Practice Lead Hydrogeology and Water Management, BHP
- Joel Hall – Principal Environmental Modeller, WA Department of Water and Environmental Regulation
- Catherine Moore – Principal Scientist Groundwater Modelling, GNS Science
- John Doherty – Director, Watermark Numerical Computing Pty Ltd
- Craig Simmons – FAA FTSE, Distinguished Professor at Flinders University and Executive Director: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Earth Sciences at the Australian Research Council
We look forward to this event, and hope you can join us in what promises to be an interesting and important discussion.